3-D Secure Consumer Authentication:Considerations & Best Practices
provides an in-depth discussion on what 3-D Secure Consumer Authentication programs are, how they work and the various parties that are involved. These programs are explained in the context of the benefits and value they provide organizations while including specific details around implementation and liability shift requirements.
The following is an intermediate course and requires some basic knowledge or training on eCommerce credit card payments.
- Course synopsis. Cardholder authentication 3-D Secure programs such as Verified by Visa, MasterCard SecureCode and others are used widely for eCommerce transactions worldwide as they provide additional fraud protection and can provide liability protection from fraud chargebacks for covered transactions. Whether a merchant is using these 3-D Secure Consumer Authentication programs today or they are considering the use of these programs there are many factors merchants should consider. Best practices and other considerations for implementing and using 3-D Secure Consumer Authentication programs are discussed in this course.
- Attendees of this online training course should expect to be able to discuss several considerations for implementing 3-D Secure Consumer Authentication, both in the context of when it is presented and how cardholders are authenticated. This course also provides discussions on the market for 3-D Secure Consumer Authentication including the vendors servicing the market, merchant usage and how merchants are using these programs today.
- what can you expect to get out of this course? (1) What is the 3-D Secure protocol and what procedures take place during the authentication process? (2) What are the benefits to merchants using 3-D Secure programs? (3) What are the important considerations with respect to how 3-D Secure Authentication can be implemented by an eCommerce merchant? (4) How many merchants are using 3-D Secure Consumer Authentication programs today and how are they using or implementing it? (5) Who are the major third party vendors offering products and services around 3-D Secure Consumer Authentication today?
- Training Objectives:(1) Understand and be able to define how 3-D Secure Consumer Authentication programs work including the parties involved and each entity’s role in facilitating the authentication process.
(2) Be able to discuss best practice considerations for implementing 3-D Secure Consumer Authentication both in the context of when and how it is presented and cardholders are authenticated.
(3) Understand and be able to discuss the market for 3-D Secure Consumer Authentication including the vendors servicing the market, merchant usage and how merchants are using these programs today.
- Expected time to complete the course: 90-120 minutes (includes session tests and final exam) .
- Pricing & Online enrolment. Take this course online for only $200 by enrolling now.
- we want 100% customer satisfaction. There is nothing worse than signing up for training only to find out that it wasn't on the topic you expected, or it wasn't advanced enough to provide value. If you have any doubt about the fit of a course to your particular needs, please give us a call. We will be happy to discuss the course, and to provide a more detailed overview on the content to ensure you make the most of your training dollars and time.
- fraudblog newsletter. Do you want to be the first to know about new training courses becoming available? If so you should subscribe to our free Fraudblog Newsletter.
why should you consider becoming a certified ecommerce executive?
Fraud is a part of doing business, but if you are doing business online, or via the telephone, the risk for fraud is exponentially higher; and stopping it is exponentially more difficult. Regardless if you are a small business owner with a staff that consists of yourself; or a senior executive for a large corporation with a dedicated staff to manage fraud; you need to understand how online payments work and the fraud exposure and risk your company will have to manage to maintain strong profits.
Doing business online today means you need to be prepared to navigate the eCommerce fraud landscape. The eCommerce fraud landscape can be difficult if you don’t have a good understanding of the underlying terminology, lingo and technology that is available. The eCommerce channel is still relatively young, and everyone from your peers to solution providers, from associations to the media will be trying to tell you they know how to prevent fraud in your business better than you do. The reality is, what you hear will typically only represent partial pictures. For example, most merchants just starting to do business online believe they will be protected from fraud by the tools offered from the card associations. The reality is, while these tools provide some protection they will not be enough to prevent fraud from occurring.
- SCORM compliant
- Available 24x7
- Practice quizzes, progress tracking
- Final Exams
- Certificates of completion
- Fast reliable online presentation
- Easy to use and understand
- Courses are broken down into 7 to 18 minute lessons to make it easier to find the time to complete the lessons with a busy schedule
- View a sample of our training portal learning environment
- Read Moreintroduction to eidentity authentication and verification.
Establishes a baseline understanding of the components that make up a consumer identity when transacting or making application from an online or telephone channel.
- Read Moreecommerce buyer fraud signals.
Outlines many different signals that high risk buyers may show looking at factors such as their account activity, profile data, behaviour and other signals that can be seen when using different anti-fraud tools.
- Read Moreecommerce fraud: moving from tools to solutions.
This session covers what constitutes a fraud solution and categorizes the many types of third party fraud tools. The course outlines the common terminology of fraud solutions and describes the capabilities needed to implement a fraud solution.
- Read Moreadvanced analytics for credit card chargebacks.
Introduces a methodology for performing chargeback monitoring and analytics including: how to classify chargebacks in terms of the underlying operational business functions from where they arise; performing chargeback impact analysis and interpreting chargeback data to identify specific problems to include types of fraud attacks.
- Read Morefundamentals for understanding geolocation & device identification.
Covers the use cases and methods for integrating and making use of geolocation data and device identification in a fraud strategy.
- Read Moreoverview of ecommerce fraud prevention techniques.
A core curriculum course providing an introduction to 30 plus fraud prevention techniques; what they are, high level discussion on how to employ them and big picture considerations for using them.
- Courses for ePayments - Introduction
- Courses for ePayments - Core
- Courses for International ePayments
- Courses for CNP Fraud - Introduction
- Courses for CNP Fraud - Core
- Courses for Acquiring
- Courses for eMarket Awareness
- Courses for Managers
- Courses for Consumers
- Career Tracks
- Full Course Listing
The Fraud Practice online training portal offers on-demand web based training related to eCommerce payments and fraud. We offer career tracks for fraud reviewers up to senior executives. Of course you always have the option to simply choose the courses that you think you really need.