advanced analyticsfor credit card chargebacks
Introduces a methodology for performing chargeback monitoring and analytics including: how to classify chargebacks in terms of the underlying operational business functions from where they arise; performing chargeback impact analysis and interpreting chargeback data to identify specific problems to include types of fraud attacks.
The following is an advanced course and requires core knowledge or training on the subject matter to understand the course material.
- Course synopsis. This is an advanced course building on the Introduction to Credit Card Chargebacks course. If you don’t have a good fundamental understanding of chargebacks we would recommend you take the Introduction to Credit Card Chargebacks course prior to taking this course. The Advanced Analytics for Credit Card Chargebacks training course introduces a methodology for performing chargeback monitoring and analytics including: how to classify chargebacks in terms of the underlying operational business functions from where they arise; performing chargeback impact analysis and interpreting chargeback data to identify specific problems to include types of fraud attacks.
- what can you expect to get out of this course? (1) How can I classify chargebacks by the functional area from which they occurred, and what are those operational areas? (2) How do I perform chargeback impact analysis and what key metrics, such as the chargeback tail, are used? (3) What patterns or trends do I look for in chargeback data to identify fraud attacks or business inefficiencies?
- Training Objectives: (1) Be able to classify any chargeback that comes in by its Type and by the Operational Area from where it occurred. (2) Understand key metrics such as the chargeback tail, be able to calculate these metrics and perform impact analyses. (3) Understand what signals and chargebacks would be present following different types of fraud attacks, new marketing programs and launching a new product.
- Expected time to complete the course: 140 minutes (includes session tests and final exam).
- course access & availability. Unrestricted - Online, In-House and Webinar
- Pricing & Online enrolment. Take this course online for only $400 by enrolling now.
- This is an advanced course building on the Introduction to Credit Card Chargebacks course. If you don’t have a good fundamental understanding of chargebacks we would recommend you take the Introduction to Credit Card Chargebacks course prior to taking this course.
- we want 100% customer satisfaction. There is nothing worse than signing up for training only to find out that it wasn't on the topic you expected, or it wasn't advanced enough to provide value. If you have any doubt about the fit of a course to your particular needs, please give us a call. We will be happy to discuss the course, and to provide a more detailed overview on the content to ensure you make the most of your training dollars and time.
- fraudblog newsletter. Do you want to be the first to know about new training courses becoming available? If so you should subscribe to our free Fraudblog Newsletter.
why should you consider becoming a certified ecommerce executive?
Fraud is a part of doing business, but if you are doing business online, or via the telephone, the risk for fraud is exponentially higher; and stopping it is exponentially more difficult. Regardless if you are a small business owner with a staff that consists of yourself; or a senior executive for a large corporation with a dedicated staff to manage fraud; you need to understand how online payments work and the fraud exposure and risk your company will have to manage to maintain strong profits.
Doing business online today means you need to be prepared to navigate the eCommerce fraud landscape. The eCommerce fraud landscape can be difficult if you don’t have a good understanding of the underlying terminology, lingo and technology that is available. The eCommerce channel is still relatively young, and everyone from your peers to solution providers, from associations to the media will be trying to tell you they know how to prevent fraud in your business better than you do. The reality is, what you hear will typically only represent partial pictures. For example, most merchants just starting to do business online believe they will be protected from fraud by the tools offered from the card associations. The reality is, while these tools provide some protection they will not be enough to prevent fraud from occurring.
- SCORM compliant
- Available 24x7
- Practice quizzes, progress tracking
- Final Exams
- Certificates of completion
- Fast reliable online presentation
- Easy to use and understand
- Courses are broken down into 7 to 18 minute lessons to make it easier to find the time to complete the lessons with a busy schedule
- View a sample of our training portal learning environment
- Read MoreUnderstanding & Mitigating Account Takeover Risk.
Provides the information to help organizations understand account takeover risk and their ATO risk exposure by discussing the policies, procedures and third party tools that can be used to recognize account takeover fraud.
- Read Moreecommerce buyer fraud signals.
Outlines many different signals that high risk buyers may show looking at factors such as their account activity, profile data, behaviour and other signals that can be seen when using different anti-fraud tools.
- Read Moreecommerce fraud: moving from tools to solutions.
This session covers what constitutes a fraud solution and categorizes the many types of third party fraud tools. The course outlines the common terminology of fraud solutions and describes the capabilities needed to implement a fraud solution.
- Read Moreintroduction to eidentity authentication and verification.
Establishes a baseline understanding of the components that make up a consumer identity when transacting or making application from an online or telephone channel.
- Read Morefundamentals for understanding geolocation & device identification.
Covers the use cases and methods for integrating and making use of geolocation data and device identification in a fraud strategy.
- Read Moreoverview of ecommerce fraud prevention techniques.
A core curriculum course providing an introduction to 30 plus fraud prevention techniques; what they are, high level discussion on how to employ them and big picture considerations for using them.
- Courses for ePayments - Introduction
- Courses for ePayments - Core
- Courses for International ePayments
- Courses for CNP Fraud - Introduction
- Courses for CNP Fraud - Core
- Courses for Acquiring
- Courses for eMarket Awareness
- Courses for Managers
- Courses for Consumers
- Career Tracks
- Full Course Listing
The Fraud Practice online training portal offers on-demand web based training related to eCommerce payments and fraud. We offer career tracks for fraud reviewers up to senior executives. Of course you always have the option to simply choose the courses that you think you really need.