Best Practice for Protecting yourself when Transacting Online
If you are going on online, you are at risk. Do you know what you should be looking for to protect yourself? Do you understand what the risks really are? this course provides some of the best practices for protecting your identity when you are transacting online.
The following course is considered an introductory level course and requires no previous knowledge or training on the subject matter.
- Course synopsis. Going online is a part of everyone's daily life today, but not everyone understands what, where and how they are at risk. This training session provides an introduction to common attacks that occur when going online such as phishing, pharming, account takeovers, malware, spyware, viruses and identity theft. Learn about some of the best practices to get yourself more comfortable with the companies or people you may interact with online.
- what can you expect to get out of this course? (1) Learn about common threats when interacting online. (2) Get an overview of some best practices for protecting yourself when transacting online. (3) learn about common solutions and services available to consumers.
- Expected time to complete the course: 45 minutes (includes session tests and final exam).
- course access & availability. Unrestricted - Online, In-House and Webinar
- Pricing & Online Enrollment. Take this course online for only $50 by enrolling now.
protecting yourself from identity theft
Identity theft is the fastest growing crime in the world and has become a major concern in the minds of consumers around the world. Since 2001 identity theft has been the top complaint filed with the Federal Trade Commission. Identity theft occurs when a fraudster steals key pieces of sensitive personal information such as name, address, date of birth, social security number or mother's maiden name to obtain access to financial accounts and resources. The time and money involved to repair damaged credit is significant and consumers must be aware of the methods that organizations have implemented to protect them.
- fraudblog newsletter. Do you want to be the first to know about new training courses becoming available? If so you should subscribe to our free Fraudblog Newsletter.
- SCORM compliant
- Available 24x7
- Practice quizzes, progress tracking
- Final Exams
- Certificates of completion
- Fast reliable online presentation
- Easy to use and understand
- Courses are broken down into 7 to 18 minute lessons to make it easier to find the time to complete the lessons with a busy schedule
- View a sample of our training portal learning environment
- Read Moreintroduction to ecommerce fraud fundamentals.
Provides participants foundation level knowledge about the theories, best practices and terminology surrounding electronic payment fraud. Presented in a standard format covering the history of eCommerce Fraud, consumer fraud, merchant fraud, fraudster motivation, fraud trends, identity verification and phishing.
- Courses for ePayments - Introduction
- Courses for ePayments - Core
- Courses for International ePayments
- Courses for CNP Fraud - Introduction
- Courses for CNP Fraud - Core
- Courses for Acquiring
- Courses for eMarket Awareness
- Courses for Managers
- Courses for Consumers
- Career Tracks
- Full Course Listing
The Fraud Practice online training portal offers on-demand web based training related to eCommerce payments and fraud. We offer career tracks for fraud reviewers up to senior executives. Of course you always have the option to simply choose the courses that you think you really need.