ecommerceexecutive career Track
This career track focuses on providing senior managers and executives the basic information they need to understand and manage a merchant's needs for mitigating fraud risks associated with taking payments online and via the telephone.
Target Audience: CEO, CFO, COO, Managing Director, Treasurer, VP Operations, Legal Council, Ecommerce Entrepreneur, President, Partner.
- Course synopsis. Fraud is a part of doing business, and if your business is providing merchants with merchant accounts or access to CNP based payments; the risk for fraud is exponentially higher; and stopping it is exponentially more difficult. Regardless of the market segments you serve, or the size of your merchants, you need to understand how online payments work and the fraud exposure and risk your clients will have to manage to maintain strong profits. Understanding, and being able to convey and mentor your clients in this aspect can mean the difference in closing a new sale, or maintaining your best accounts.
Doing business online today means you need to be prepared to help your clients navigate the eCommerce fraud landscape. The eCommerce fraud landscape can be difficult if you don’t have a good understanding of the underlying terminology, lingo and technology that is available. The eCommerce channel is still relatively young, and everyone from your peers to solution providers, from associations to the media, will be trying to tell you they know how to prevent fraud better than your clients do. The reality is, what you hear will typically only represent partial pictures. For example, most merchants just starting to do business online believe they will be protected from fraud by the tools offered from the card associations. The reality is, while these tools provide some protection, they will not be enough to prevent fraud from occurring.
You need to be prepared to separate fact from fiction when you hear about new ways to prevent fraud. You need to understand how to categorize and compare what the community is sharing with you to understand where it really fits into a business and what value it can really produce. Far too often companies get stuck with a bag of fraud tools, with no real solution or strategy to properly use them. This career path isn't trying to make you an expert in chargeback management, or on how to design a fraud strategy. Instead this career path is focused on making sure you have the information you need to be able to evaluate a company's exposure to fraud; to be able to evaluate a strategy to prevent fraud and to assess a team of personnel charged with the day to day operational responsibility for these tasks.
This career path consists of four (4) training courses:
- what can you expect to get out of these courses? After completing this career path senior managers should be able to understand key concepts with online payments and fraud; be able to evaluate and provide direction to their operational and risk personnel to manage risk while ensuring healthy sales; and finally they should be able assess their companies needs for risk management.
- Training Objectives:(1) Learn about the key players and steps required to take credit card payments online. (2) Learn how to read and interpret credit card fees. (3) Learn about the impact and costs associated with fraud to include chargeback fees and high risk programs. (4) Learn about the techniques and methods fraudsters have used to steal from businesses online. (5) Learn about the different types of payments that are available for online and telephone transactions along with how they may impact your business's risk exposure. (6) Learn how to evaluate how well your business is doing with risk mitigation. (7) Learn how fraud impacts your business beyond just financial loss. (8) Learn methods for reviewing and providing direction for your operational risk personnel.
- Expected time to complete the Track: 5 to 7 hours (includes session tests and final exam) (You don't need to take the entire career path in one sitting. This career path is broken down into 14 training sessions that last from 8 to 15 minutes each making it easy to work the training program into a busy schedule).
- course access & availability. Unrestricted - Online, In-House and Webinar, This course is available online and can be started online at anytime, to be taken at your own pace. If you have any questions about the course please contact us at 1-888-227-0402 for more information.
- Pricing & Online enrollment. Take this course online for only $440 by enrolling now.
- we want 100% customer satisfaction. There is nothing worse than signing up for training only to find out that it wasn't on the topic you expected, or it wasn't advanced enough to provide value. If you have any doubt about the fit of a course to your particular needs, please give us a call. We will be happy to discuss the course, and to provide a more detailed overview on the content to ensure you make the most of your training dollars and time.
Short on Time? If you only have time for one course take the "Managing Fraud Related to ePayments in a Business, an Executive Overview".
If you only have time for one course take the Managing Fraud Related to ePayments in a Business, an Executive Overview.
- Read Moremanaging fraud related to epayments in a business.
A management perspective on theories, best practices and methods to manage fraud with ePayments. This session covers fraud exposure with ePayments, methods to balance and optimise risk exposure, methods to measure the health of a risk mitigation program; as well as methods to set a more productive mindset for risk mitigation in a company
- SCORM compliant
- Available 24x7
- Practice quizzes, progress tracking
- Final Exams
- Certificates of completion
- Fast reliable online presentation
- Easy to use and understand
- Courses are broken down into 7 to 18 minute lessons to make it easier to find the time to complete the lessons with a busy schedule
- View a sample of our training portal learning environment
- Read MoreIntroduction to eCommerce credit card payments.
Covers the credit card process flow defining each of the "payment players"; reviews payment concepts such as authorizations, settlements, reversals, chargebacks and the credit card association's high risk programs.
- Read Moreintroduction to ecommerce fraud fundamentals.
Provides participants foundation level knowledge about the theories, best practices and terminology surrounding electronic payment fraud. Presented in a standard format covering the history of eCommerce Fraud, consumer fraud, merchant fraud, fraudster motivation, fraud trends, identity verification and phishing.
- Read Morefundamentals for selecting ecommerce payment options.
The Fundamentals of eCommerce Payment Options online training course provides an introduction to the world of eCommerce payments. The course provides an overview of the main eCommerce payment options that exist today, why businesses use alternative payments, how eCommerce payment options are grouped, as well as providing examples, mind share, market share, and the major players.
- Read Moremanaging fraud related to epayments in a business.
A management perspective on theories, best practices and methods to manage fraud with ePayments. This session covers fraud exposure with ePayments, methods to balance and optimise risk exposure, methods to measure the health of a risk mitigation program; as well as methods to set a more productive mindset for risk mitigation in a company.
- Courses for ePayments - Introduction
- Courses for ePayments - Core
- Courses for International ePayments
- Courses for CNP Fraud - Introduction
- Courses for CNP Fraud - Core
- Courses for Acquiring
- Courses for eMarket Awareness
- Courses for Managers
- Courses for Consumers
- Career Tracks
- Full Course Listing
The Fraud Practice online training portal offers on-demand web based training related to eCommerce payments and fraud. We offer career tracks for fraud reviewers up to senior executives. Of course you always have the option to simply choose the courses that you think you really need.