ecommerce FraudProfessional TRACK
As a professional track, the Fraud Professional track is focused on providing individuals who oversee fraud mitigation programs, operations and teams the knowledge they need to be more effective managers for their team as well as strategic planners for their organization's risk needs.
Target Audience: Director of eCommerce, Director of Fraud Operations, Fraud Manager, eCommerce Manager, Product Manager, eCommerce Fraud Analyst
- Course synopsis. This track is focused on those individuals that are expected to be an organization's subject matter expert related to managing a CNP fraud mitigation program. Individuals that complete this track will have a strong core knowledge on the functions, interactions and processes for managing fraud in a CNP operation. This track covers core fraud operational procedures, core fraud strategy and solution methodologies, introductions to overlapping functional disciplines such as user experience, ePayments, tax and compliance.
This career path consists of sixteen (16) training courses:Introduction to eCommerce Credit Card Payments
- Introduction to eCommerce Fraud Fundamentals
- Managing Fraud Related to ePayments in a Business
- Making Sense of the Fraud Vendor Landscape
- Fundamentals for Selecting eCommerce Payment Options
- eCommerce Fraud Moving from Tools to Solutions
- Introduction to CNP Credit Card Chargebacks
- Advanced Analytics for Credit Card Chargebacks
- Introduction to eIdentity Authentication and Verification
- Introduction to Fraud Manual Review Tools
- Planning for eCommerce Tax Implications for Global Operations
- Introduction to Common Compliance and KYC Requirements for US eCommerce
- The Impact of Fraud Controls on Sales Conversion
- eCommerce Buyer Fraud Signals
- Introduction to Managed Services for CNP Fraud Prevention
- Overview of eCommerce Fraud Prevention Techniques
- what can you expect to get out of this Career Track? Individuals taking this career track will be trained to take on roles within fraud teams as a Fraud Specialist (Director of Fraud, Fraud Manager, eCommerce Fraud Analyst). As a Fraud Professional they will be able to perform and take the lead on business strategic planning processes related to fraud mitigation and related to the review, addition and support of payments in the eCommerce channel.
- Training Objectives: (1) Learn about the key players and steps required to take credit card payments online. (2) Learn about the impact of fraud, and the importance of the role to prevent fraud in a business. (3) Learn about the techniques and methods fraudsters have used to steal from businesses online. (4) Learn about how to evaluate a person's identity from the online channel. (5) Learn about the differences between authentication and verification of consumer information. (6) Learn how to use commonly available online tools for performing identity authentication during a manual review. (7) Learn about chargebacks, the way they are delivered and the process for reconciliation. (8) Learn about the rights of a merchant for representment and the steps required to complete the process. (9) Learn how to review chargebacks to determine underlying root cause analysis. (10) Learn how to perform analytics on chargeback data to determine what areas of the business operation may be having problems. (11) Learn how to discern first party versus third party fraud from chargeback data. (12) Discuss the ways some business models can affect chargeback churn rates. (13) Learn methods for positioning and putting fraud prevention services and solutions in proper context for a merchant's operation. (14) Discuss considerations for tax and compliance related to ecommerce based operations. (15) Discuss potential impacts to sales conversion based on payment options as well as fraud prevention techniques related to payment option fraud controls. (16) Provide and describe common eCommerce prevention techniques in terms of how and where they are used.
- Expected time to complete the TRACK: 25 to 40 hours (includes session tests and final exam) (You don't need to take the entire career path in one sitting. This career path is broken down into a series of training sessions that last from 10 to 20 minutes each, making it easy to work the training program into a busy schedule.)
- course access & availability. Restricted - Online, In-House and Webinar, This course is available online and can be started after applicants have been approved by The Fraud Practice. Certification for this training program also requires that certain criteria and prerequisites are met (see below). If you have any questions about the course or would like to sign up please contact us at 1-888-227-0402 for more information.
- QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS. To become certified as an eCommerce Fraud Professional applicants must have at least twelve months experience in eCommerce and at least six months experience in a fraud related job role. Candidates must show they are Subject Matter Experts in the payments and fraud space by providing professional references and a managerial reference that can attest to their knowledge and experience. Candidates must also prove their expertise by either publishing a work in the public domain or showing they have spoken at a recognized event on a topic related to CNP fraud, online security or electronic payments. Applicants must complete both the training program material and each of these requirements to become certified as an eCommerce Fraud Professional. It is possible to enroll in this training program without meeting these requirements, but in this case the participant will not qualify for certification.
- Pricing & Online enrollment. Take this track online for only $1,980. This course is currently available online, and you may Enroll Now, but we will have to verify your information before beginning the course lessons. Please provide your company email address when creating an account to register for this training program to expedite the verification process.
- If you have any questions about this training program, the certification requirements or the restricted access and verification, please contact The Fraud Practice at 1.888.227.0402 or 1.941.244.5361
- If you have already completed a previous training track within the past 12 months you may be entitled to a discount on this track, please contact us directly to determine what your cost would be to complete this track.
- we want 100% customer satisfaction. There is nothing worse than signing up for training only to find out that it wasn't on the topic you expected, or it wasn't advanced enough to provide value. If you have any doubt about the fit of a course to your particular needs, please give us a call. We will be happy to discuss the course, and to provide a more detailed overview on the content to ensure you make the most of your training dollars and time.
- Read Moremanaging fraud related to epayments in a business.
A management perspective on theories, best practices and methods to manage fraud with ePayments. This session covers fraud exposure with ePayments, methods to balance and optimise risk exposure, methods to measure the health of a risk mitigation program; as well as methods to set a more productive mindset for risk mitigation in a company.
- Read MoreMaking sense of the fraud vendor landscape
With so many fraud vendors and solutions to choose from in the market, how do you know what will work best for your company? How do you compare vendors and solutions? This session provides a method to categorize fraud solutions and services into 8 groups so you can better perform apples-to-apples comparisons. The session builds on the “Moving from Tools to Solutions” session by providing a description of what each group focuses on, where they are best applied, along with a list of commonly used vendors in each category.
- Read Morefundamentals of ecommerce payment options.
The Fundamentals of eCommerce Payment Options online training course provides an introduction to the world of eCommerce payments. The course provides an overview of the main eCommerce payment options that exist today, why businesses use alternative payments, how eCommerce payment options are grouped, as well as providing examples, mind share, market share, and the major players.
- Read Moreecommerce fraud: moving from tools to solutions.
This session covers what constitutes a fraud solution and categorizes the many types of third party fraud tools. The course outlines the common terminology of fraud solutions and describes the capabilities needed to implement a fraud solution.
- Read MoreIntroduction to eCommerce credit card payments.
Covers the credit card process flow defining each of the "payment players"; reviews payment concepts such as authorizations, settlements, reversals, chargebacks and the credit card association's high risk programs.
- Read Moreadvanced analytics for credit card chargebacks.
Introduces a methodology for performing chargeback monitoring and analytics including: how to classify chargebacks in terms of the underlying operational business functions from where they arise; performing chargeback impact analysis and interpreting chargeback data to identify specific problems to include types of fraud attacks.
- Read Moreintroduction to eidentity authentication and verification.
Establishes a baseline understanding of the components that make up a consumer identity when transacting or making application from an online or telephone channel.
- Read Moreintroduction to ecommerce fraud fundamentals.
Provides participants foundation level knowledge about the theories, best practices and terminology surrounding electronic payment fraud. Presented in a standard format covering the history of eCommerce Fraud, consumer fraud, merchant fraud, fraudster motivation, fraud trends, identity verification and phishing.
- Read Moreintroduction to fraud manual review tools.
Provides methods for how to authenticate and verify a consumer’s name, address, phone and email online. It also provides demonstrations and examples of how to perform manual reviews using free and low cost online sites.
- Read Moreintroduction to managed services for cnp fraud prevention.
This session covers Managed Services, from a basic and overarching definition of a Managed Service is to the scopes of coverage the different types of Managed Service Providers offer. This course includes the motivating factors that influence a merchant’s decision to use Managed Services as well as best practices for a merchant evaluating which Managed Service Provider to use for eCommerce fraud prevention.
- Read Moreecommerce buyer fraud signals.
Outlines many different signals that high risk buyers may show looking at factors such as their account activity, profile data, behaviour and other signals that can be seen when using different anti-fraud tools.
If you only have time for one course take the Managing Fraud Related to ePayments in a Business, an Executive Overview
- Read MoreManaging fraud related to epayments in a business.
A management perspective on theories, best practices and methods to manage fraud with ePayments. This session covers fraud exposure with ePayments, methods to balance and optimise risk exposure, methods to measure the health of a risk mitigation program; as well as methods to set a more productive mindset for risk mitigation in a company .
- SCORM compliant
- Available 24x7
- Practice quizzes, progress tracking
- Final Exams
- Certificates of completion
- Fast reliable online presentation
- Easy to use and understand
- Courses are broken down into 7 to 18 minute lessons to make it easier to find the time to complete the lessons with a busy schedule
- View a sample of our training portal learning environment
- Courses for ePayments - Introduction
- Courses for ePayments - Core
- Courses for International ePayments
- Courses for CNP Fraud - Introduction
- Courses for CNP Fraud - Core
- Courses for Acquiring
- Courses for eMarket Awareness
- Courses for Managers
- Courses for Consumers
- Career Tracks
- Full Course Listing
The Fraud Practice online training portal offers on-demand web based training related to eCommerce payments and fraud. We offer career tracks for fraud reviewers up to senior executives. Of course you always have the option to simply choose the courses that you think you really need.
- Read MoreManaging fraud related to epayments in a business.
- Read Moreintroduction to Common compliance and kyc requirements for us ecommerce.
Covers the basic regulatory programs related to compliance within the USA indicating the core requirements and who is required to comply. This session covers topics such as KYC, SOX, PCI, OFAC, AML, SARS, Privacy notices, FRCA, Breach Notification, Export and Denied Party lists.
- Read MoreThe Impact of Fraud Controls on Sales Conversion.
Covers the fundamentals on effective practices for optimising sales conversion on a website to include common pitfalls from implementing poor payment options and fraud screening procedures.
- Read Moreoverview of ecommerce fraud prevention techniques.
A core curriculum course providing an introduction to 30 plus fraud prevention techniques; what they are, high level discussion on how to employ them and big picture considerations for using them.
- Read MorePlanning for ecommerce Tax Implications for global operations.
Covers the tax implications of doing business globally indicating the level of tax complexity by region and methods for simplifying tax calculation and submittal.
- Read Moreintroduction to credit card chargebacks.
Covers the basic information about chargebacks everyone on a risk team needs to know from the manual review staff to the risk manager. Topics covered include basic definitions of chargebacks and other key terminology to the details of the representment process and evidence needed to dispute a chargeback.