introduction tocredit card chargebacks
Covers the basic information about chargebacks everyone on a risk team needs to know, from the manual review staff to the risk manager. Topics covered include basic definitions of chargebacks and other key terminology to the details of the representment process and evidence needed to dispute a chargeback.
The following course is considered an introduction, but we would recommend you have a working knowledge of credit card payments.
- Course synopsis. Chargebacks and retrieval requests are a part of doing business if your company accepts credit cards. The problem is many merchants and their staff lack the basic knowledge of what chargebacks and retrieval requests mean, what causes them and what to do about them. Simply ignoring chargebacks and retrieval requests can get your company into a lot of trouble; it could even cause you to lose your merchant account. The intent of this course is to provide the basic knowledge you need to not only understand chargebacks, but also on the four phase chargeback process you will need to follow to manage chargebacks in your company. This course is intended for personnel that will be responsible for managing chargebacks and it explains each step of the chargeback process while citing the procedures, documentation and evidence the card associations deem most important when challenging a chargeback.
- what can you expect to get out of this course? (1) What is a chargeback, a retrieval request, representment, arbitration? (2) How can we classify and differentiate chargebacks? (3) What supporting documentation is needed to dispute a chargeback, and is it the same for all of them? (4) What is the value of monitoring and reconciling a chargeback if I’m not disputing it?
- Training Objectives: (1) Gain a fundamental understanding of what chargebacks and retrieval requests actually are. (2) Classify and distinguish the different types of chargebacks and their root cause. (3) Understand what steps to take following a chargeback, whether disputing it or preventing the customer from returning.
- Expected time to complete the course: 120 minutes (includes session tests and final exam).
- course access & availability. Unrestricted - Online, In-House and Webinar
- Pricing & Online enrollment. Take this course online for only $59.95 by enrolling now.
- we want 100% customer satisfaction. There is nothing worse than signing up for training only to find out that it wasn't on the topic you expected, or it wasn't advanced enough to provide value. If you have any doubt about the fit of a course to your particular needs, please give us a call. We will be happy to discuss the course, and to provide a more detailed overview on the content to ensure you make the most of your training dollars and time.
we have 100 free articles related to ecommerce fraud available in our fraud library.
Our Fraud Library is an excellent training resource offering free articles and references to get you started. In our fraud library you will find articles on the fundamentals of fraud prevention as well as introductions to fraud prevention techniques and recent news related to preventing fraud online.
- SCORM compliant
- Available 24x7
- Practice quizzes, progress tracking
- Final Exams
- Certificates of completion
- Fast reliable online presentation
- Easy to use and understand
- Courses are broken down into 7 to 18 minute lessons to make it easier to find the time to complete the lessons with a busy schedule
- View a sample of our training portal learning environment
- Read Moreintroduction to credit card chargebacks.
Covers the basic information about chargebacks everyone on a risk team needs to know from the manual review staff to the risk manager. Topics covered include basic definitions of chargebacks and other key terminology to the details of the representment process and evidence needed to dispute a chargeback.
- Read Moreintroduction to ecommerce fraud fundamentals.
Provides participants foundation level knowledge about the theories, best practices and terminology surrounding electronic payment fraud. Presented in a standard format covering the history of eCommerce Fraud, consumer fraud, merchant fraud, fraudster motivation, fraud trends, identity verification and phishing.
- Read Moreintroduction to fraud manual review tools.
Provides methods for how to authenticate and verify a consumer’s name, address, phone and email online. It also provides demonstrations and examples of how to perform manual reviews using free and low cost online sites.
- Courses for ePayments - Introduction
- Courses for ePayments - Introduction
- Courses for International ePayments
- Courses for ePayments - Core
- Courses for CNP Fraud - Introduction
- Courses for CNP Fraud - Core
- Courses for Acquiring
- Courses for eMarket Awareness
- Courses for Managers
- Courses for Consumers
- Career Tracks
- Full Course Listing
The Fraud Practice online training portal offers on-demand web based training related to eCommerce payments and fraud. We offer career tracks for fraud reviewers up to senior executives. Of course you always have the option to simply choose the courses that you think you really need.