- Fraud Library Home Page
- Online Payments General
- Online Fraud General
- Chargebacks General
- Fraud Prevention - eCommerce (CNP)
- Fraud Reference Articles
- Sales Conversion Articles
- Identity Theft General
- Prepared Research
online-cnp fraud Generalthe fraud library
The day business moved online, the fraudsters moved right in too. As long as there is business being done, there will be individuals trying to steal from all constituents: merchants, consumers and supporting service providers. The problem is, when it comes to eCommerce fraud, there are very few people in the world that actually understand it well enough to stop it. Preventing eCommerce fraud isn't something they will teach you in college, and you are more likely to get a merchant to tell you who their suppliers are versus telling you what they do to prevent fraud in their business. Fraud prevention isn't something most companies want to discuss and they view their practices as highly confidential.
make it official - enroll now to get become certified in an Area of ecommerce Expertise.
Getting yourself a fraud training certification will improve your ability to prevent fraud while increasing your value and potential for advancement with your employer. The Fraud Practice offers 8 career paths and over 30 training courses related to e-commerce payments and fraud prevention. Check out our training options.read more
are you a small business looking for a fraud solution that makes financial sense?
The Fraud Practice works with merchants of all sizes, from startups to fortune fifties, and in all verticals around the world to negotiate and setup fraud strategies. We know what is available in the market and what works best for each vertical. We also know where you can get the best possible pricing terms.
- IP Geolocation. Geolocation services provide detailed information about a consumer's worldwide location, line speed, domain, etc. It is used primarily to verify the consumer’s data to determine where the consumer is at the time of purchase. Geolocation Services can be used for fraud prevention and also be used for export and regulatory compliance.
- Device Identification. Device Identification is a technique used to establish a "fingerprint" of a users computer or other web access device in order to track their activity and determine linkages between other devices.
- Reverse Lookups Phone/Address/Email. The reverse lookup is used to cross check the address and phone information a consumer has provided to you with a third-party resource to verify that the public records show the same consumer’s name is associated with the provided address and phone information.
- Identity Authentication. Electronic Identity authentication is the ability to collect, authenticate and confirm the personally identifiable information provided by an end user. This could be as simple as being able to match a name, address and phone number, to verifying more specific data such as date of birth, social security number or national identity number.
The Introduction to eCommerce Fraud Fundamentals training course Provides participants foundation level knowledge about the theories, best practices and terminology surrounding electronic payment fraud. Presented in a standard format covering the history of eCommerce Fraud, consumer fraud, merchant fraud, fraudster motivation, fraud trends, identity verification and phishing.
Fraud Solution Provider Landscape. The Fraud Solution Provider Competitive Lanscape is a prepared research document, 31 pages in length, intended for organizations looking to gain an introductory understanding to the fraud solution marketplace and the the fraud solution providers servicing that market. The competitive landscape document makes references to over 100 fraud solution providers.
- New to Fraud & The Fraud Library?
- How do Merchants get Paid in CNP?
- How Fraudsters Steal from Merchants
- History of Fraud Online
- Common Online Fraud Schemes
- Identifying the Fraudsters
- Reporting Fraud
- Understanding the Law and Fraud Prevention
- Fraud Prevention: Strategies and Techniques